| 0 comments ]

On 8th of Jan 09, I had the privilege to go to three world-famous places. The first one was the UN Building in NYC. Brodie and I left the house at noon and reached in time for 2.55 pm UN Guided Tour. More about the UN tour can be found here.

After the tour was over, we rushed back to Grand Central Station to catch the sunset on the 86th floor of the Empire State Building. We had to go through a lot of security checks in the Empire (more than in the UN). But it was damn windy on the 86th floor. I couldnt hold myself in place and the air was freakingly cold. Then Brodie whispered into my ear - "This is the weather we have in Burlington". That statement made me more scared of Burlington than anything else.

But I was at the right time at the right place. It was around 4.30 pm and the sun was setting on the city skyline. I was having second thoughts whether I should remove my gloves to use the camera (the cold and wind atop was biting!) Thinking that the next time I am on the 86th floor will be atleast 5 years more. So I daringly took off my gloves and started clicking pictures of the horizon. Within a couple of minutes I lost all my sensation in my fingers. I thought that even if I dropped the camera I wouldnt feel anything. Thats why the pictures turned out all blurry. Brodie clicked a couple of pictures too.

After we left the Empire State Building, we had dinner of authentic Italian pizzas at 5.30 pm. (Yeah.. people in America has dinner by 6 in the evening.. weird..).. Then we went back to Grand Central Station to meet Brodie's mom, his brother and sister. From there, we walked down to Broadway - Minskoff Theatre. We were going to see Lion King. Brodie's dad joined us just before the play began.

So now.. let me pause a minute. Because the play put up by the actors was spellbinding. I had never seen anything like that in my life. (I hadnt seen any other play in my life, hehe..) The sound effects, the lighting effects, the stage backdrops were of the quality that only world class entertainers can put up. But more exciting and fun were the costumes.

If anyone has watched the Lion King film, then they know that the animals in the movie are lions, giraffes, hyenas, dodo birds, elephants and antelopes and what not. Believe me, the producers DID make all the costumes look the way it should. It was all very surreal. Entertainment of a lifetime. Not only for me.. even Brodie's family was trying to get tickets to the Lion King show since the past seven years.. This play was certainly a world class experience in itself.

So 8th January, 2009 was certainly high-activity day. World-class politics ( UN ) - world-class building ( Empire State Building ) - world-class entertainment ( Broadway ). What else can a mortal ask for in one day ??



If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!

0 comments

Post a Comment